We live in a world where we should advance ourselves to lead a contented life. With constant changing and competitive aspects, an individual need to have clarity regarding his goal and upskill with the trends. An individual should elevate his skills and abilities to match the driven standards and seek help if needed or feel stuck. Career is not a simple term and subject to walk past, but it is a significant part which occupies three-fourths of our life. A career choice follows reputation and status. An individual should take professional help if they feel stuck and stay stagnant or do not know what they have to do in future. Career experts who are professionals help students, graduates and working professionals in the process. In this blog, let’s see the significance of career guidance and why it’s a need and not a luxury.
What do you mean by career counselling?
Career counselling is a structured process to know an individual’s cognitive abilities, personality traits, behavioural aspects, attitude and capacity. Career counselling helps an individual in knowing their self and acts as a hand in making them choose the best for themselves. It also enhances self-confidence, self-awareness, self-esteem, self-management, self-realisation, self-discovery, etc. It is designed to assist individual’s career-related doubts, queries and concerns and equip them with the necessary knowledge and skills to help them climb the career ladder with utmost assurance. Career counselling is a service which can be availed both free and paid with different perks. It moulds individuals with efficient goal-setting, leadership, life, social, personal development and employability skills, etc. The Best Career Counselling in Lucknow also addresses concerns that require considerable attention, like stress, depression, anxiety and frustration and other issues like job discontentment, career switches, etc.
What do you know about the principles of career counselling?
Career counselling follows five principles to help individuals shine in their career paths.
- Career counselling encourages self-governing and pushes people to make choices based on their passion and interests.
- Career counselling provides fair and transparent suggestions to individuals and gives them fine clarity regarding all their career-related doubts.
- The counsellors providing career counselling are kind and compassionate enough to understand the concerns of their clients and provide suggestions accordingly.
- The counsellors giving guidance are selfless and do not coerce their clients to do something and bring harm.
- Career counselling provides a confidential and trustable space for clients to open up about their career-related concerns.
What about the process flow of career counselling?
The process flow of career counselling is psychometric assessments, career assessment reports, one-to-one counselling, customised action plans and expert connections. Psychometric assessments mirror an individual’s strengths and weaknesses. Based on the assessment review, career counsellors will make suggestions to their clients accordingly and generate action plans. An action plan is a schedule which helps an individual stay steady in their dreams, reminds them of their want and pushes them to achieve their goals. Career counsellors connect their clients with field experts to educate them about their chosen field’s scope, employment sector, salary insights, etc.
Who are career counsellors?
Career counsellors are experts who act as mediators in the career counselling service. They bridge the gap between their client’s skills, knowledge, ability, values, personality, interests and career holes like opportunities, profession and jobs. They aim to make all of their clients reach a successful post in their career life. Career counsellors are professional psychologists who have completed their degrees in Psychology or Behavioural Science and specialise in the world of careers. The core difference between counsellors and career counsellors is the former address mental health concerns and provides solutions accounting for fruitful mental health. The latter has expertise in career and educational aspects and gives suggestions for their successful career paths.
What are the qualities and traits of career counsellors?
Career counsellors bridge the gap between skills, knowledge and opportunities. Considering the service they provide, career counsellors should possess specific qualities. They are empathy, compassion, patience, unbiasedness, active listening, effective communication, non-judgmental approach, resilience, humility, professional ethics, etc. They should maintain their clients’ details confidentially and create a safe and secure space for them to open up their concerns without hesitation. Career counsellors should create a trustable and reliable vibe before their clients. Career counsellors should behave professional and abide by work ethics. A counsellor should only act as a hand by encouraging and motivating people to chase their dreams and not force or influence them to do something.
What do you know about psychometric assessments?
Psychometric assessments are scientifically proven groups of questions to discover and evaluate an individual’s interests, passion, attitude, abilities, values, personality and capacities. It showcases an individual’s true potential and core strengths. Psychometric assessments majorly help assess an individual’s interests, aptitude and personality traits. The other tests used in Best Career Counselling in India are the career indicator scale, career decision-making scale, career conflict scale, learning styles, multiple intelligence, emotional intelligence, job satisfaction, etc.
Benefits of career counselling for school and college students and working professionals:
- For students: Career counselling helps school students set goals for themselves and choose a suitable stream in 11th grade and a course after 12th grade. Career guidance helps college students decide whether to go for higher studies or get a job. Counselling assists them in choosing the best for themselves by upholding their interests and mapping them with suitable career options. It gives them exposure to different careers available worldwide.
- For graduates: Career counselling helps college graduates with their resume-building and interview skills. It also assists them in deciding their career paths and career switches if they do. Career guidance mentors them with life, social, personal development and employability skills to accomplish their career goals.
- For working professionals: Career counselling assists working professionals in 360-degree aspects and stresses the significance of job satisfaction, mannerisms, and etiquette, and teaches them the balance of physical, mental and financial stability.
Apart from these things, career counselling ensures clients’ fruitful mental health and professional satisfaction.
Career counselling helps people advance their current situation and come out with flying colours. It is high time for people to realise the significance of the career by choice and not get influenced by the random suggestions made by their parents, friends and relatives.