Non-homeschoolers often have various questions in their minds concerning your decision to educate your kid at home. They may start conversations and show genuine interest in the educational path you have selected for your kid or may completely oppose the idea of homeschooling. It is important to liberate the beliefs of such critics and help them know that there are more options than conventional methods. Homeschooling is an excellent schooling method, especially in today’s time. So, if you come across someone like this who doesn’t understand why you should go for homeschooling Ontario, be ready and confidently present your ideologies of when you have chosen it for your children.
Know their common questions and have well-prepared answers.
Remember, most comments come out of curiosity, and few people are always critical. Being prepared to answer the non-homeschoolers questions will help you state your belief without getting too confrontational. The common questions include:
- Reason you want to homeschool your kids?
- Can you spend all that time with your kid?
- How can you educate your kid without any teaching qualifications?
- Won’t their social growth suffer?
You may have critics doubting your choice to homeschool, but you can answer every question patiently with case studies and relevant examples.
- Of course, you can educate your kids at home, and there are several reasons for it. The very first can be the pandemic in which everyone suffered. The second could be because it is self-paced, and kids prefer learning things at their pace.
- No, you don’t have to spend all the time with your kid. There are different homeschool methods- online education, group tutoring, one-on-one tutoring, distance learning, and more.
- You don’t have to teach your kids on your own. You can hire experts for every subject to teach them. Homeschooling customizes your learning needs. So, as soon as the child understands one concept, they don’t have to repeat it.
- No, their social growth will not suffer as long as you give enough time and activities to boost it.
Confidently show how proud you are of your choice
Being confident is a good way to handle skeptics. You must have chosen to homeschool for a reason, and it possibly should be because your kid’s education is of grave significance to you. No one can nurture your child’s education and growth better than you. If you are confident about your homeschooling reasons, others will believe you. Ensure that your kids follow the same curriculum in school, but in a different order or a different manner, at a unique pace. Explain that homeschooling helps them eat, play, and learn while building a strong bond. Share all the benefits of homeschooling to educate them that it is one of the best choices to educate your kids.
It is important to be friendly and share your thoughts politely and calmly. Long-held opinions will help you change others’ minds easily. Speak without posing any negativity about other schooling methods. Just share there are several ways of learning, and you have chosen the best for your child.