Amid the pandemic, when each sector is working hard to make ends meet, the hospital industry is under pressure to maintain an uninterrupted healthcare supply. The emergence of new variants, followed by numerous health emergencies, has given rise to several patients and the struggle to maintain health care supplies in hospitals.
As the hospitals are dealing with hiring additional staff and personnel, it also has to follow strict storage standards to store medical equipment and other items that are quite expensive. It involves complex handling protocols that cannot be done manually. This is when RFID technology plays a significant role in hospital asset management!
RFID automates comprehensive data and sophisticated analytics, thus empowering hospitals to maintain a high safety standard and uninterrupted medical supplies.
How Does RFID Help in Hospital Asset Management?
Today, when life is uncertain, anyone may face life-threatening emergencies. Hospitals must keep track of medical supplies and equipment. According to a recent study, an average medical staff wastes 72 minutes every day searching medical inventory. Locating each medical supply manually is life-threatening. This is when RFID inventory software is important.
RFID hospital inventory management is an advanced technology that conveniently structures maintaining, monitoring, operating, and disposing of medical assets. The hospital inventory software tracks and tags essential medical equipment, medicines, and devices. Any healthcare professional can now easily track the location and look after medical requirements.
Conventional methods of inventory tracking are extremely disadvantageous with their limitations. They are slow, require a lot of paperwork, are full of human errors, and lack automation. RFID tags are the newly introduced, efficient technology that has recently gained popularity for its data integrity.
Benefits of RFID in Hospital Inventory Management
- When hospitals’ medical supply runs low, RFID-based stock management software immediately orders new medications. It saves hospitals from running out of stock in medicines and life-saving drugs.
- RFID hospital asset management system keeps track of medical gear and its usage. It develops weekly, monthly and yearly reports on how each department has used the equipment. Additionally, it discovers underutilized and overutilized apparatus and missing and expired hospital items.
- RFID tags discover and locate large apparatus and medical utensils between rooms, emergency rooms, operation theatres, and patients’ rooms. RFID accomplishes the process with a wink in big hospitals, where it is impossible to track manually.
- The reading range of RFID medical device tags varies from 0 to 10 meters. The tag readers can locate the smallest to largest equipment in a spacious room, including emergency rooms, operating theatres, and other hospital zones.
- Each medical gear requires regular sterilization and cleaning, after which they are disinfected and packed securely. RFID tags can identify sterilized assets and assist in locating the needed instruments accordingly.
The hospital industry is a crucial sector that requires regular up-gradation. RFID technology is one of the best practices with the potential to assist medical organizations, hospitals, pharmaceuticals, and biochemical industries. RFID provides real-time tracking and exact inventory counts that help overcome medical crises.